What is ICCAC?
Independent function as a non-profit, professional education and certification organization with funding through annual membership fees and educational grants from a variety of sources including, but not limited to government and industry.
- Support for the advancement of Mechanical Circulatory Support (MCS) device technology through participation in design and implementation of clinical research protocols and the support of interdisciplinary networking of professionals within the device community and related fields
- Establishment of a uniform certification by examination for MCS device clinicians as minimum requirement for evidence of competency in this field
- Writing content for a formal MCS Coordinator Core Curriculum
- Maintenance of certification standards to reflect current evidence-based treatment protocols and advances in technology.
- Annual educational conferences as a venue for presentation and review of clinical trial data, current clinical management trends and future technology
Exciting Opportunities Coming This Year!
- ICCAC 12th Annual meeting at ISHLT in April 2019 (click EVENTS tab above)
- For highlights of our 2019 Annual Meeting please click ANNUAL MEETING
- Joint VAD Coordinator session at the ASAIO annual meeting in June
- Networking Breakfast at ASAIO in June 2019 Networking Breakfast
- MCS MPV courses nationally and internationally
- ICCAC Research Award (Research Committee for details)
- International Exchange Award (International Exchange Award for details)
- Mentorship Program (Mentorship for details)
- Active work in development of VAD Coordinator Certification (Core Curriculum for details)
- App for EMS field guides (Best Practices Committee for details)
- Searchable/Downloadable references from programs across the world! Look for ICCAC logo as a "stamp of approval" (Documents for details)
- Directory of all ICCAC Members
Opportunities for Involvement
There are many ICCAC Committees with opportunities to use your unique skills and talents. If you are interested in becoming a member of any of the committees listed on our website, please email the link on that committee page for more information.
Please click the button below to register for ICCAC Membership.ICCAC Membership Registration